Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Basic Bread Recipe

Hello everyone! Time to get this on the plate. I hope you enjoy today, I know that every one likes hot bread just out of the oven. It never lasts at my house, especially with some butter ohhh! That makes me think it's time to make some right now. Everyone can make this basic loaf of bread!! I will teach you a great many other things to make with this recipe ...... like rolls for dinner or lunch or even Cinnamon rolls/bread bowls . My Mom gave me this recipe, I am sure she won't mind us borrowing it. I still remember the first time I stood on a chair just to reach the dough to knead it and how much flour I got all over the table and the floor.

Bread

Ingredients

1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup honey
1 packet yeast
2 Teaspoons salt
1 3/4 cups warm water temp 110*
4 cups flour
Preheat oven to 350*
Makes 2 loaf's

Put your water and yeast into Large mixing Bowl add honey, let yeast bloom (This means to let yeast develops in water , you will see it grow, takes about 10 mins). Then mix in flour, salt, and oil until all ingredients are all together. Let rest for 10 mins., then knead dough for 10 more mins. (If your not using mixer with a kneading paddle make sure that your table and hands have enough flour so the dough won't stick to anything). Now we need to let the dough rise to double in size, then form the dough into bread pans . (oil and flour them, don't want them to stick) Then we punch the dough down let rise again, (This will take about 45 mins. each time, it will rise faster if it's in a warm place). Put in a preheated oven bake for 35-40 mins. Crust should be golden brown (take out of pan, it should sound hallow on bottom when thumped with your finger, let cool to room temp. before slicing it)

P.S. Don't be surprised if someone gets the butter out while it's still hot... Enjoy everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think a loaf ever made it to room temperature at our house. :) I miss fresh baked bread, I think I will make some very soon!! (maybe even tomorrow)

    ReplyDelete